ESP DAY 2015 is Wednesday Nov 18th!
Each day Education Support Professionals around the country go to work to serve students. Please join us on Wednesday November 18th and celebrate national ESP day! ESPs make up nearly 40% of the school workforce. They work together daily with teachers and administrators to create and maintain schools as safe and supportive learning environments. They are the superheroes, the unsung heroes who meet the needs of the whole student — physical, mental, emotional, and social.
Here are some facts about ESPs
Over 2.9 million ESPs work in the nation’s public schools
K-12 ESP’s are committed to their careers and their employers. They average 11.5 years in the ESP workforce, and 67% plan to keep their current jobs
75% of K-12 ESP’s live within the boundaries of the school districts where they are employed.
ESP’s are actively engaged in insuring the safety of students. 59% have witnessed bullying behavior, and 89% of these have intervened or tried to stop it. Likewise, 45% have witnessed school violence, and 85% of these have intervened or tried to stop it.
Here are some resources to help celebrate ESP Day:
- Let’s Learn About ESPs Coloring Book
- School Superheroes Hand Out Card
- ESP School Superheroes: Keeping Students and Schools Safe Learning Poster
- TESPA Customizable ESP Handout
- TESPA website/Facebook Handout
- TESPA “Smartie Pants” Handout
- A Guide to Celebrate ESP Day
- Governor Herbert ESP Declaration
- ESP Overview Brochure